What I think is next:
I think the next service I
could provide is a material delivery service (in the vain of UberEATS) so that
anyone working on their project wouldn’t need to worry about running low on
anything they would need, because the worst part of building is stopping your
flow to go on a last-minute trip to the store for that last bit.
Existing Market
Interviews:
1.
My roommate informed me that I’m not making the
incentives for the provider-side of my company.
2.
My other roommate informed me that I could do
this now without an app and that I should try and organize before I even consider
anything.
3.
My friend who was over informed me that I’m
rushing my work and I should not quote him…
Reflection:
My roommate Arthur is right,
I think that the cut for those who supply the tools and area are getting a
rough deal compared to Uber and I should find ways to incentivize them to be
hands on with people who pay them for their tools. Maybe with an emphasis on “learning
to teach” I could attract more people, or maybe if I push more of a casual way
to meet new people.
I prefer
my idea because I’m obviously smarter than Arthur, duh. Anyway, I think a great
way to expand would be to follow in the footsteps of Uber and continue to make
the ease of access a major part of my company. If I ever get to the point where
I can’t mirror Uber then I would be large enough to absorb smaller companies
that could fill any niche I didn’t think of.
New Market:
A new
market I haven’t thought of is I much older and rural market that would otherwise
not use an app to preform this task. Think a hoarder that want the satisfaction
of knowing their things will go to use and not be wasted, they could provide
misc. objects to get peoples creative juices flowing. On top of fueling
creativity I could do a social service and help someone’s hoarding problem.
Interviews:
1.
Arthur says that the “rural” engineer has a lot
to teach city folk about how to be resourceful.
2.
Kenneth says that farmers could put up jobs to
makers to solve any small jobs
Reflect:
I like
the idea of people becoming pro-am makers, completing small jobs and anything
that would otherwise be a DIY project. My worry at that point is at what point
does a contractor become necessary and how do I avoid people using my app as a
loophole. The last thing a new company (or I) needs is a lawsuit.
Arthurs idea
of finding a new market to target sounds promising, but how would one penetrate
such a market, I don’t have much experience in said market but I’m sure I could
find myself someone who is.
Adrian, this blog post helped to target the specific market you are trying to get, but it also opened up opportunities you didn't even know you had. I think that your interviews were quality and that you got some good advice. I think that it's cool how you found another possible market to enter into. I agree that you will need to do some research though.
ReplyDelete