Sargent Peak, full name Winsor Peak, is an ex-military
officer who trained in the navy’s engineering core. He grew up on a farm and
has always been resourceful and mechanically inclined. He believes that the
best jobs are ones you do yourself and everyone should know how to use noting
but a saw, a hammer, some nails, a bit of wood, and some patience to solve
anything that comes their way. His favorite TV shows are home improvement,
anything on the garage, and CSI: SVU. He has two kids who just graduated from
college and a wife who loves how handy he is. However, Sgt. Peak has had to
move into a smaller home after retirement and his projects have become noticeably
smaller and less to his tastes. Without his old shed to work Sgt. Peak has
moved to woodburning and other art’s and craft’s, nothing like what he’s used
to. He wishes he could go back to the old days when he could just get some time
to himself in a garage and wrench. He wants to pass on what he’s learned to his
future grandkids, but he can’t do that now that the new house lacks his usual
grease monkey toys.
Sarge and I are very different, but our core problem is the
same, we love to tinker but don’t have the room to do so. Our backgrounds
converge into a very small segment that neither of us expected the other to
have. I purposely set up my actor to be one someone who seems like a typical
person for my service. Additionally, I might lose my hair just like his in
three years or so if my dad is any example.
Adrian, I appreciated the detail that went into explaining your customer avatar. The picture you painted was flawless. I thought that the picture of your avatar also helped me a lot to picture exactly who you are targeting in the market. I also thought it was cool how your customer avatar is very different from you. The fact that you have an awareness of their needs is impressive.
ReplyDeleteAdrian,
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job with this assignment and I enjoyed reading all the crazy detail that went into your avatar's description. I can see a definite picture of this man's life and personality, so I thought it was interesting when you said that the two of you are nothing alike, yet you were able to be so detailed. The wanting to tinker but no space to do so is a problem I have as well, only with crafting instead, so I feel you. Great job!