Friday, July 27, 2018

27A – Reading Reflection No. 3


1.      I read Grinding it by Ray Kroc out after reading Christians write-up on it. I always figured that the franchise was started by the founders of McDonalds, this book taught me that Ray Kroc bought it from them and made it into the megacompany that it is today. His judgment on the company was ruthless but I think the results speak for themselves. Starting as a milkshake salesman and working up from there based on his own grit and ability is the American dream, because what’s more American than McDonalds?
2.      Ray Kroc made choices that built the largest companies in the world with the determination not seen since. Carving his own path that lead directly to success, how does one make the choices that could destroy or make something as important as a business.
3.      I was confused by Ray Kroc’s desire to pick McDonalds over getting any other location. A classic burger joint is the staple of the time period. I don’t know why he would choose such an oversaturated market to make a bold change.
4.      My first question would be to how he knew which choices to make, what did he know to avoid, why did he avoid it. My second would be how he knew what he needed to scale and what he needed to replace?
5.      I think that Ray had an image in his head and he knew that only hard work would allow him to achieve it. Additionally, based on where he started he knew it was his best chance at success.

No comments:

Post a Comment