Friday, August 3, 2018

29A – Venture Concept No. 2


My problem is people wanting to start a project, be it welding, woodworking, sewing, or working on a car. Not everyone has the money time or space to gather all the tools needed for each of their projects. Often, they end up spending more than they wanted on tools just to complete a task. My solution is an app that allows you to especially airbnb a shop space and an UberEats for materials. A rental service that connects people with open shops who are willing to make extra cash and people who need to get tasks done but don’t have the tools.

A few ways of implementing this service
·                  ·        One being a rental style system, in which people advertise their shop and others seek them out like the Airbnb app.
·                  .      An UberEats like service for delivering materials for those in a bind.
·                  ·        Another could be creating a central location, similar to a hackerspace and charging for membership.
·                  ·        Another possibility is renting the individual tools much like a city bike service.

My main consumers are those who have projects they wish to complete but are limited by space, money, or experience. Much like how Innovation Academy students need to hunt down 3d printers and sandpaper, any college student needs a space to complete their work. Also running out of what you need right when you get into the flow can be annoying, get materials delivered so you can stay focused would be invaluable to college students who don’t have a car.


I got a lot of praise, but I also got pointers to the idea of expanding the services to better serve to convenience. Additionally, ensuring that there would be spaces to rent so that there is never an area without people using the app. So I added the idea of delivering materials to better serve customers who wanted convenience when working of creative projects as well as adding incentives for the owners of the spaces, like learning to teach and working with kids.





2 comments:

  1. Adrian, this venture concept was structured very well. It immediately grabbed my attention and made me want to keep reading. I like your idea a lot and think you will go far with it. All you need to do is be able to sell it. That is the hard part for me personally. It seems like you got your sales pitch down though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timothy, I think this is a well thought out and great venture concept. I love the idea and think it can be utilized all over if people knew about it. I believe the rental style would be the best for this, but I also think the "UberEats" idea with this is fantastic too. Consumers are all about convenience and this fits it to a T. Especially for workers who try to do little projects and DIY things like this. Good job this semester and I hope you do well with the rest of life!

    ReplyDelete