My problem is people wanting to start a project, be it
welding, woodworking, sewing, or working on a car. Not everyone has the money
time or space to gather all the tools needed for each of their projects. Often,
they end up spending more than they wanted on tools just to complete a task. My
solution is an app that allows you to especially airbnb a shop space. A rental
service that connects people with open shops who are willing to make extra cash
and people who need to get tasks done but don’t have the tools.
A few ways of implementing this service
- · One being a rental style system, in which people advertise their shop and others seek them out like the Airbnb app.
- · Another could be creating a central location, similar to a hackerspace and charging for membership.
- · Another possibility is renting the individual tools much like a city bike service.
My main consumers are those who have projects they wish to
complete but are limited by space, money, or experience. Much like how Innovation
Academy students need to hunt down 3d printers and sandpaper, any college
student needs a space to complete their work.
Adrian, this is a really good idea. It’s crazy how nobody has thought of this before because there are probably so many people out there in need of space to do big projects like working on cars or woodworking. I think your best bet would to do the Airbnb for the spaces and then also give the option to rent tools. I believe this could all work together and it would bring in lots of profit. I know of many people in my own family who would use a service like this!
ReplyDeleteI really like this idea and I think a lot of people would benefit from it. A lot of these jobs are expensive to buy tools for. An outlet that is cheaper would really solve this problem. It would also be a huge benefit to the owner of the tools because then they would finally gain back the investment when they weren't using them the whole time. It is a win-win.
ReplyDeleteHello Adrian. This idea is something that would benefit many people of all sorts. I am not someone who works on cars often or really builds things but even someone like me could benefit from this. Obviously, since I do not spend much time needing a shop, I do not own a lot of the tools needed. On each of the military bases I was stationed at, they had a car shop area that they allowed people to come and use power tools to work on their cars at no cost. Pretty cool concept and I believe you could make this happen with an airb&b type of thing.
ReplyDeleteHello Adrian, this is a really clever idea and I like it a lot. This idea would be very useful for so many people and it is a shame that no one has thought about it before. I do not personally own all the tools needed so this would be such a great idea if it were to be brought to life.
ReplyDelete