Friday, May 25, 2018

My Entrepreneurship Story



Many of my family in Jamaica are entrepreneurs, whether it’s in the music business or the tourist industry. My Grandfather actually just sold his three-day festival to a Canadian millionaire, yet he’s already looking to start another festival, not even bothering to find out if he would enjoy retirement. I wonder if I should have told him from when I was younger that I would want to take over for him, would he have held onto it for when it would be my time to take it over? A business I watched grow from my first memories all the way to today, something he spent a lifetime on, would go from his capable hands to mine. I don’t think I could do it, maybe by the end of this class it would seem closer to reality but for twenty years it always seemed impossible. I hope this class could give me the confidence to think I could have taken over and made it my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment