Friday, May 25, 2018

Bug List

  1. The buses that Gainesville uses have confusing numbering, especially any of the single and double digit buses.
    1. I haven’t cared enough to read the entire list of buses so numbering may never make sense to me while I remain ignorant to the whole system.
  2. Fresh Food Company only makes good food for the Students on preview and the IA students who still need to eat get scraps.
    1. I got tricked into paying money for a service that isn’t up to the same standard that I was previously given.
  3. The skate park at UF is lacking in basic parts of a normal park, additionally there are pieces that are so old and run-down that they just take up space.
    1. Skating has been on a downward trend since the 90’s and there are better places for the money to be spent.
  4. The washing machines at Beaty Towers are expensive, as well as not even capable as providing a decent wash.
    1. The machines are old, but not old enough to warrant purchasing new ones.
  5. The closest library near me closes too early for it to be useful to be, so I have to walk to Marston to do anything in a library.
    1. Marston isn’t really that far and my room isn’t that bad of a place to study.
  6. Fresh Food company can’t cook rice correctly, it’s always undercooked.
    1. They have to feed a large number of students, to expect them to cook everything well at that scale is unreasonable.
  7. I’ve run out of socks but I don’t want to pay all that money just for some socks to wash and dry if my other clothes aren’t ready to wash yet.
    1. Suck it up laundry boy, while the school is trying to make money off of your need for clean clothes it doesn’t mean you need to wait as long as you do to wash everything.
  8. There isn’t a comfortable and reasonably priced way for me to get back to Fort Lauderdale.
    1. Buses aren’t always the most comfortable way to travel but they are cost effective.
  9. I destroyed my skate shoes and I have to wait for new ones in the mail.
    1. Next time use products to extend the life of the shoes.
  10. I dropped my textbook on my foot.
    1. Move over to ebooks, can’t drop those. (Unless I drop my laptop)
  11. My new pants still have the anti theft device on it.
    1. If only there were a way to make a product that defeats the purpose of the anti theft device without getting sued.
  12. French Fries never taste good reheated.
    1. The need the crisp outside and soft inside, a microwave doesn’t crisp the outside, and an oven can only do so much.
  13. I have to use snapchat in order to coordinate my study groups.
    1. Snapchat is a horrible chatting client but it’s the most popular app in my age group so it’s the one that gets used.
  14. Someone tried to talk to my while I was in a public bathroom.
    1. Can we legally force silence in a restroom, asking for a friend.
  15. I forgot to wear a long pair of pants for my chemistry lab because it’s so hot today, luckily I had time to run back to my room.
    1. I think buying  pair of scrubs will solve this problem because I can just carry the scrubs around and not forget them.
  16. Having to pay tip for services that have minimum interaction with a person.
    1. This is a product of employers not paying their workers correctly, if only there was some way for workers to join together to ensure that they are all respected and compensated for their work.
  17. All my friends are having fun, meanwhile I’m writing gripes.
    1. Not only do I need to take this class but I think it could be very informative, plus they aren’t doing the work they are supposed to be doing anyways.
  18. I haven’t seen any of the movies people are excited about because I always seems to have school work due at the most inconvenient times.
    1. Getting to the movie theater is difficult without a car, especially when you are juggling classes.
  19. The news is getting more depressing by the day, but I want to remain informed.
    1. “This too shall pass” is a Persian adage reflecting on the temporary nature of the human condition. Worst of all however would be to just dig my head in the sand when democracy demands that each and every citizen do their part in ensuring the continuation of justice.
  20. Messy dorm rooms make my feel gross for being near their rats nest.
    1. People get lazy with their living space and don’t feel the need to clean as thoroughly as me or my roommates.

Refection
I found this difficult because I could get annoyed with something but not really understand in a concise way why it made me as annoyed as it did. This assignment had me questioning why things that annoy me do so in the first place. I had plenty of gripes that I deleted simply because I couldn’t answer the simple question of WHY.

Additionally, not all of my gripes can be solved through a new innovation from a single entrepreneur. Rather they are systemic issues on the part of the university that can only be substituted with third party companies. Unless some form of consultation counts, if it is that may just be my goal for this class.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your blog post about the different bugs that annoy you and would have to agree with a bunch of them. For example, the fact that the fresh food company cooks good food only at preview is misleading and unethical. It may get them the initial deal but in the long run students aren't happy with the product and it results in a bad image. I also had a lot of bugs that could be solved through systemic issues rather than innovations.

    ReplyDelete